Monday, May 31, 2010

Report: AJ's Close Encounters at World of Dance NY and ABDC crew workshops (with video)

Here's the rest of AJ's report: 

Heavy Impact's Leon was up next.  Not much to say about it.  The choreography was pretty fast and I'd say that the difficulty level was intermediate/advanced.  I actually sat out midway thru the workshop.  Next was Static Noyze's Suzette's workshop.  And this was truly an advanced routine she taught us (imo).  I lasted about 30 seconds and sat out.  (I'm not a dancer).  During Suzette's class, I stepped out to check out the Poreotix workshops being held in the same building.  From what I saw, it looked like a lot of fun, and there were a lot more people that attended it.  After all workshops, I got to meet and see many of the crews again and thanked them for such an awesome weekend.  I actually stood behind Suzette on line at Gray's Papaya.  The guy at the counter (who's Filipino) saw me and asked "Who's dance workshop did you just take?".  I pointed to Suzette and said "hers..." and she smiled.  I thought that was funny.

The day didn't really end there.  To top off the weekend, I attended a Poreotix appearance at Amnesia night club.  They performed the same routine they had done at WoD and everyone loved it.  Afterwards, I got to hang and chill with Poreotix for a bit and Blueprint's TL and Nathalie were there too!  I thanked everyone for such an amazing weekend.

It's not very often that dance events such as these happen on the East Coast and in NY.  Being a huge fan of ABDC, it was truly a weekend that I won't forget.


Click here to leave comments and return to the home page. Thanks again, AJ!