Monday, September 20, 2010

DirtfaceX's field report (with video) on Hype 5-0 at Alvin Ailey in New York

Here's the rest of Dirtface X's report on Hype 5-0's workshops, performance, and meet-and-greet at the Alvin Ailey Extension in New York on September 18, 2010: 
While waiting around I was able to pickup all the new shirts (as seen on Hype50.com) - none of which were in my size - but I support the arts regardless.  ABDC fans should take note that the red shirts have "SHAKAK" printed on the back - a reference to their "Hip Hop Nation" routine.  I got a kick out of that.

Although they started a bit late, it was performance time.  First, Hypersquad (from Hawaii) started off the night with their routine.  It was then followed by a contemporary dance piece, then a breaking routine, and then a hip-hop routine.  I apologize for not remembering any of the dancers' names, but all dance sets were beautiful and fun to watch.  Hype 5-0 finally hits the stage and they rock it!   Afterwards was a 'meet and greet' session with the crew.  I got to chit-chat with the crew a bit and everyone was polite and courteous.  I thanked them for coming out and holding this event, b/c the EastCoast rarely gets events like this.  Overall it was a great event and I had a wonderful time.


Click here to return to the first page and to leave comments. Thanks again DirtfaceX!