Thursday, January 22, 2009

Week 2 Taping: Exclusive field report

Salima with Boxcuttuhz

Here's the rest of Salima Koroma's field report:

"In addition to the colorful behind-the-scenes experience, I was also able to ask a few of the crews about their different styles. They all looked amazing. I really like the "nerdy" style of Boxcuttuhz, so I asked them about it. Group member Lando Wilkins said, "It's just 'get your hands nerdy.' It's like the gritty version of being hood but still keeping to your roots, If you got something dorky to do, do it. Don't be afraid."

Don't be afraid indeed. I would definitely be a bit scared of the judges however. But when I asked Lil Mama if they would be judging harder this season, she said, "I don't know about harder. I always keep it official, like what comes from my heart. And as a real person, sometimes I feel a little under pressure because it's like, I don't want to come across in the wrong way. I don't want to be the 'bad' person or the 'good' guy. Just be real."

I asked Shane Sparks how he's going to judge these groups when there's so much diversity, and he answered, "We just judge based off of what we see. Ir the group is hot, we let them know. If they do something different, we let them know...If it sucks and it's wack, we let them know. That's the bottom line.""

Michelle and Salima with the (very) Fly Khicks

Ringmasters looking spiffy in their prison gear

Dynamic Edition and Salima

Thanks Salima for the great write-up and photos!

Click here to return to home page.
Click here to leave comments.