Sunday, February 20, 2011

Teldon's ABDC Rewatch Review - Season 3, Episode 8 - The Live Finale

GROUP PERFORMANCES


Quest Crew, Strikers All-Stars, and Dynamic Edition dancing to "Right Round" by Flo Rida
What I thought-This is one of the best finale night routines and there are good reasons:  Each crew was given more than enough time to shine by themselves.  In addition, the blending of the three totally different styles into a single unit speaks volumes of the skill level of all these dancers.  What impressed me even more was the fact that everyone got in there and did stepping extremely well and then they also did clogging as well.  I need to wait till the Season Four finale before I declare it best ever though.  The rose-colored glasses made two of those three look extremely good.

Beat Freaks, Boxcuttuhz, and Team Millennia dancing to "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga
What I thought- This one did not blow me away tpo much.  Overall it was an OK set.  At times it felt like way too much was going on, making it hard to really focus on one thing.  With that said, one thing I did notice was the fact that Box and Team Millennia both outdid Beat Freaks in that set.  They came harder and just outshone he Beat Freaks.  It was a nice redemption for both Boxcuttuhz and Team Millennia.

Fly Khicks, Ringmasters, and G.O.P Dance dancing to "Numba 1 (Tide Is High)" by Kardinal Offishall featuring Keri Hilson
What I thought-  While this is still not a great piece, it is not as horrid as I remembered it.  The opening was just too long, but when they finally all got the floor they did well.  I enjoyed the way they played off each other, whether through group dancing or partner work. Could have been better in some spots.
------------------------------------------------------
TOP TWO DUO

Quest Crew & Beat Freaks dancing to "Beggin'" by Madcon
What I thought- I am of two minds on this.  While I will say -- this was the first top two duo that was truly great.  I also have to say it didn't feel different then anything else we have already seen.  At no time did I truly feel like there was any individuality to to this performance.  I think it was great they could dance on the same level, but there was no fusion element like in what we had with SoReal  Cru And Super Cr3w.  To me this just felt like a performance that could have been done in any of the other weeks leading up to the Finale.
----------------------------------------------------
THE FINAL CUT

Did America get it right?  Yeah they did.  Both crews were on the same level towards the end.  However, Quest wanted it more and showed that they wanted it more.

Feelings on the season as a whole- Overall, a great season.  The main drama of Beat Freaks vs Quest was nice but a bit boring.  I had more fun watching the other three crews in the top five.  It may be just me, but I like a little bit of not being able to call the final two after after the first week.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Click here to return to the first page and to leave comments. Thanks again Teldon -- we look forward to two more seasons of Rewatch with you!