Thursday, February 3, 2011

Teldon's ABDC Rewatch - Season 2, Episode 4 - Speed-up Challenge

This is Teldon's Rewatch Review for America's Best Dance Crew Season 2's Speed-up Challenge. Thanks Teldon!
-----------------------------------------------
SAFE CREWS

Boogie Bots dancing to "Lollipop" by Lil Wayne featuring Static Major
What I liked- The slow section was well thought out and damn near flawless.  The fast section was handled very nicely with some good tutting.
What I did not like- I got lost during their transition phase.  Once the beat sped up their was some over all sloppiness and timing errors.  Also the one dancer missed his mark at the end of the routine.
Overall performance for the season- Overall they cleaned up the sloppy this week.  It remains to be seen if they can keep it up.

Super Cr3w dancing to “Creator” by Santigold
What I liked- The concept was nice and the performance right after the transition was surprisingly clean.
What I did not like- While I can appreciate the difficulty of what went into doing this routine it felt really lazy.  Good framing is nice and all but not for three fourths of the routine. The "statues" really did not add anything to the routine as a whole until the transition part then they went away again.
Overall performance for the season- And now we are back to a bad performance.  They really need to learn how to balance their skills with the demands that the show calls for. You can be that inconsistent.

A.S.I.I.D. dancing to "Dangerous” by Kardinal Offishall featuring Akon
What I liked- Adding in the ballet in the beginning was genius.  They worked it well into their normal move set while the guys did their own moves.  In addition it also worked well in the fast section.  Thanks to the story element if there was any sloppiness it covered it well.
What I did not like- The transition was weird and almost lost me.
Overall performance for the season- Performances like this are why ASIID is one of the top crews on the show.  They bring unexpected elements of dance to their routines and are
always surprising us.

SoReal Cru dancing to "With You" by Chris Brown
What I liked- When they finally started dancing in the first half it was very clean and very hard.  The fast section was handled like pros and it worked as well.
What I did not like- The time they wasted.  It took them a bit too long to set things up in the beginning and the transition was so so at best.
Overall performance for the season- They keep giving better and better performances each week.  The improvement each week is noticeable but just doesn't quite catch up to ASIID, FP, SS or SC yet.

Fanny Pak dancing to "Touch My Body" by Mariah Carey
What I liked- Best concept all night long.  Every section had little extras in that require extra viewings to catch. They are the only ones tonight to actually give a story from beginning to end.  They killed the fast section as well.
What I did not like- That it ended.
Overall performance for the season- How they get voted so low almost every week is beyond me.  Tonight they showed they are in this to win it.
--------------------------------------------
THE BOTTOM TWO

Did America get it right? Yes, Phresh Select has been sliding more and more each week and Supreme Soul needed a Wake up call.

Phresh Select dancing to “Shawty Is a 10” by The-Dream
What I liked- It was a cute and fun concept.  The transistion was handled well and the stunts and floor work fit.
What I did not like- Numerous timing and formation errors in the beginning.  Also the ending was kinda confusing as well.
Overall performance for the season- They stepped their game up tonight but I really think it is too little too late.

Supreme Soul dancing to "Party Like a Rockstar" by Shop Boyz
What I liked- The fact they made their slow section fell hard hitting.  They were able to keep up that pace in to the fast section and they made that pop as well.  In addition they had the best ending all night.
What I did not like- Timing errors scattered through out the set.
Overall performance for the season- and now we are back to being good again.  I hope they keep this up and don't follow their normal pattern.

Did the judges get it right? Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Thoughts on the eliminated crew-the entire East region was the weakest of the four.  Phresh Select showed major improvement from their audition to their final performance.
-------------------------------------------------
 Rankings based on tonight's performances
1. Fanny Pak
2. A.S.I.I.D.
3. SoReal Cru
4. Supreme Soul
5. Boogie Bots
6. Phresh Select
7. Super Cr3w

Power Rankings (based on average scores)
1.  Fanny Pak (8)
2.  A.S.I.I.D. (7.8)
3.  Supreme Soul (6.8)
4.  SoReal Cru (6.6)
5.  Super Cr3w (6)
6.  Boogie Bots (5.8)
7.  Phresh Select (5)
8.  Distorted X (3.8) 10th place
9.  Xtreme Dance Force (2.4) 8th Place
10. Sass x7 (2.2) 9th Place
-------------------------------------------
Teldon's Season Two Grade-A All American Bull**** Counter-2
Lil Mama Season Two Bring it Counter-0

-------------------------------------------
Click here to return to the first page and to leave comments. Thanks again Teldon!